The Big Island of Hawaii has a vibrant live music scene, with various venues and genres to choose from. Here are some options of our favorite places to experience live music on the Big Island:
- Blue Dragon Restaurant & Musiquarium – This restaurant in Kawaihae features live music nightly, ranging from blues and jazz to rock and Hawaiian music.
- Hilo Town Tavern – This popular venue in downtown Hilo offers live music several nights a week, including local and visiting bands playing rock, reggae, and more.
- Willies Hot Chicken – This bar and restaurant in Kailua-Kona features live music several nights a week. Don’t miss their parking lot parties – like the one happening this weekend on Saturday, February 24 featuring the Expendables!
- Honoka’a People’s Theatre – This theatre is rich in history and is the Big Island’s largest venue with 525 seats. In addition, to live shows, check out their independent and mainstream films.
- Palace Theater – This historic theater in Hilo hosts concerts and other events throughout the year, featuring local and visiting musicians.
These are just a few of the many options for live music on the Big Island of Hawaii. Check the venue’s website for suggestions and information on upcoming shows.