LUVA Real Estate has taken the recent pandemic of COVID-19 very seriously and have been working with our agents to create a plan that keeps our clients, our vendors and our agents as safe as possible. Here is what we are currently doing:
- We have increased the amount of virtual tours we are offering buyer clients. We often work with clients located on the mainland, so virtual tours are nothing new to us. Now, we are encouraging agents to rely on virtual tours as a way to “show” property to our on-island clients to avoid unnecessary physical interaction.
- Hosting virtual open houses by utilizing Matterport. Matterport is a great tool that allows people to virtually walk through properties, at their own pace, from the comfort of their own homes. Here is a sample of a Matterport, as you can see it is a high-quality 3-D tour that is almost as effective as seeing a property in person!
- Phone & video consultations for new clients. We are ready for new clients and we are encouraging all agents to switch to phone or video consultations instead of meeting in person. While our favorite way to meet people is of course, in person, we have adapted to the social distancing guidelines and are still able to provide quality service over the phone and video conferencing.
- Hosting virtual meetings. In response to the recommendation to avoid groups of more than 10 people, we are postponing any non-essential meetings and switching to virtual meetings for our essential meetings.
- Staying Informed. Our agents are following closely real estate market updates and local and national guidelines for businesses from trusted resources like West Hawaii Association of Realtors, NAR, Hawaii Dept of Health, and the CDC.
- Online services for long-term rentals. Our long-term property managers use an online platform that allows them to; review rental applications, accept rental payments, and communicate with tenants virtually.
While we all are doing our best to stay healthy and focused on being safe, we also want people to know that we are still open for business and there are still listings that are active in West Hawaii. Although demand is not where it normally is right now, it has provided opportunities for buyers, which also couple with historic low interest rates. Call us if you are interested in seeing what is available in your price range.