Giving Tuesday is a movement of generosity. It is an opportunity to give back to causes that are near and dear to your heart. No donation is too small, the point of Giving Tuesday is to help create a “wave of radical generosity” across the world. Donations do not have to be monetary, and donations of all kinds including money, time, goods/services, or simply helping spread awareness may be more impactful than you realize.
One organization that LUVA Real Estate is passionate about is the One Drop Foundation, a global non-profit working towards “ensuring sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable communities through innovative partnerships, creativity, and the power of art.” We wanted to take today to highlight the global water and sanitation crisis and ask that you consider being part of the Giving Tuesday movement!
Did you know?
- 2.2 billion people lack safe water at home. This is nearly 30% of the world’s population.
- 1.98 billion people globally do not have water services at their health care facility.
- 206 million people spend more than 30 minutes per round trip collecting water.
- 17 million women in least developed countries give birth in health care facilities with inadequate water, sanitation, and hygiene every year.
- 144 million people drink water directly from a river, dam, lake, pond, stream, canal or irrigation canal.
One Drop was founded in 2007 by Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberte and soon One Drop’s projects will have improved the living conditions of more than 2.3 million people around the world including India, Colombia, Mexico, Canada, Paraguay, Haiti, Malawi, Nicaragua, and others.
One Drop’s Impact projects include three components:
- Helping to ensure people have access to safe water and sanitation services.
- Creative Social Art projects that encourage open participation and reinforce community, individual and interpersonal commitment.
- Capital, to develop products and services to increase access to safe water and sanitation.
If you are interested in learning more about the One Drop Foundation, visit their website here.
If you would like to make a Giving Tuesday donation to the One Drop Foundation, click here to donate. Every donation will be matched up to $10,000 until December 31 on Every.org.