We know that selling your home can bring many unique situations and challenges. It can often be an emotionally taxing process. We also know how choosing the right Realtor can make all the difference in your experience. So how do you choose the Realtor to hire when it might seem like there are more of them in Hawaii than fish in the sea? We recommend that you interview a few and ultimately choose a trustworthy, honest, hard-working Realtor who you feel comfortable with. Below are a few suggestions from our team of Realtors that might help you with your decision process:
- How long have you been working in real estate, have you or your team had any sales in my area?
- Does your Brokerage have any unique, or stand-out marketing strategies for promoting Listings other than the standard MLS syndications, open houses, and email marketing all Brokerages do?
- What would be expected of me to get my home ready to put on the market?
- After sharing your needs, goals, and timeline……. Walk me through the process if I were to hire you to represent me.
- Would you be my point of contact at all times, or does your team handle any of the expected communications or tasks? How often would I expect to hear from you or your team throughout the selling process?
- Do you offer any individual or team specialties, or niche marketing that can benefit my property?
- Would you share your Brokerage Commission structure or fees for your representation and what those specifically include?
These questions will help you evaluate the Realtor’s expertise, experience, and approach to selling homes. This will help you make a more informed decision about who to choose to represent you in selling your home. Our suggestion is also not to be turned off by a team approach to your representation. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and at times a team can really tackle all the Listing in a different way.
As we mentioned above, there are so many options for Realtor representation here in Hawaii, and everywhere for that matter. So choose carefully! Now for our brief pitch, if you are reading this, please contact us for an interview. While we are of course biased, we feel we have some of the best of the best in Hawaii. We are respectful, experienced, relational, and confident in representing our clients. And most importantly, we are good humans, and are a locally owned and operated business that contributes to the local community and cares about our neighbors! Click below to contact us!